I’ve not updated in a while, here’s what I have been up to for the last two years.
Quick rundown of new features in iOS7 revealed at WWDC 2013
- Apple has gone for flat design, doing away the skeuomorphic look that has been around since the original iPhone.
- A massive feature added is the control centre, bringing it in line with the capabilities of the Android system. No turning on/off WIFI or Bluetooth will be just a swipe away.
- iOS 7 has given a revamp to multitasking and added background processing to apps.
- OS X’s AirDrop will be introduced to iOS7, allowing users to share photos and files with other iOS7 users within range.
- Safari has been given a new look, similar to chrome, including tabbed view and integrating iCloud’s Keychain with a password generator.
- The camera has also undergone a redesign, everything being in access of a swipe and introducing square photos and filters.
Back in the days when we used to skateboard. I remember Minnis doing a backside grab over this beast.
Drama Clothing is a streetwear and bmx/skate clothing brand based in Bedfordshire. Since December 2012, I have been working with Drama to help develop the online side of their exciting new start-up.
One of the first areas I worked on to help get them going online was to design and build their website dramaclothing.co.uk – whilst brainstorming ideas we promptly decided in an ever mobile world we should go for a responsive design. The website is built using the WordPress CMS platform with a customised theme.
I’ve been advising on building on their on their strong following on social media accounts, working to help turn their Facebook likes into sales through advertising and through their own tone of voice, which has seen some good results so far.